Tuesday, August 15, 2006

A New Start

Yesterday, I found out that I will be teaching a third grade class. I spent a few hours at school and got just a bit of work done. It's fun to unpack and freshen up the classroom for another school year. (That's what I say now-- I won't be loving life this weekend when I have a million and one things to get done by next week.) Since I was out on maternity leave last year, the school year was a bit disjointed. I'm ready to see a class all the way through the year.

I also got a new purse yesterday. I've shifted to a purse that's big enough to be a 'Mom purse.' I do look wistfully at my tiny little purses that are now lonely in my closet-- I'm afraid that those days are over.

Speaking of being a mom, I had a bad mommy moment this morning. I've been leaving Mark to commando crawl on the bathroom floor while I get ready in the morning. It bit me in the butt this morning when I left him alone for a few minutes and he was quiet (bad sign). When I looked back at him, he was rubbing his body with... the toilet brush! AAACCCCKKKKK!!!!!!! I make sure that I only feed him organic baby food and keep his bottles sterilized, but I stand idly by while he rubs caustic chemicals and other bits of ick. I can't even categorize it as slacker mom-- it's definitely a bad mommy move.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The toilet brush... THAT"S ALL KINDS OF WRONG! Bra

klugula said...

What is wrong w/ a toilet brush? It gets such a bad wrap. My mother never had a problem when I used ours as a pacifier substitution; and look how good I turned out...hmm. Bad example.

mktonshores said...

What kind of person are you?? Just think...he could be just like me when I was little. That should put a smile on your face or a tear in your eye.