Wednesday, August 02, 2006

My Peanut


Okay, here's the second love of my life. Mark is my six-month old son. He has more personality than I ever expected was possible in a little body. It took 2 years of TTC, much charting, many OPK kits, and a round of Clomid (which turned me psycho, but that's another story) to get him here, and here he is!

People stop us to admire him, which he absolutely eats up. We were on vacation last week (which I'm saving for a future post). My cousin said that she wants to go to law school near us so she can babysit (fine with me), the captain of the boat we took to go snorkeling offered to babysit him anytime, and the cashier at the magazine stand in Fort Lauderdale stopped everything to talk to Mark and me. Want to meet new people? Mark's your ticket!

My Dear Husband is gone right now, but comes home tomorrow. I swear that we should start buying real estate in the cities to which he always travels!

We just got back from a combination trip to Albequerque (to see my cousin get married) and the Florida Keys (to relax), and we leave in a few days to go to Wyoming. We're accompanying Mark as he goes to visit his grandparents near Gillette. What is funny is that we've chosen to go back during the Sturgis motorcycle rally (which takes place in South Dakota, but spills over into Wyoming). So we'll be steering the stroller around the bikers.

It is hotter than hot here today, so we are staying inside all day today. My friends are coming over so we can work on a Mathematics graduate class. (Just what everyone wants to do on a hot day, right?)

No comments: