Saturday, January 12, 2008

A Cycle of Events...

I'm seeing a pattern develop over my time as an educator, and I'm not sure how long I'll last. I've seen several teachers from my Master's cohort leave the profession, and I'm not sure how much longer I'll hold out. It's a cycle, year after year-- and I'm at a 'good' school. I just don't know.

I know that there are those that appreciate me. If I was left alone to teach, I'd be happy as a clam. There are so many outside pressures that are just pure nastiness, though. Not going to get into them here-- no way. The pressures are mounting and I am just not sure where to go.

Do I stay and continue to take the pressures that directly influence me and my family life? Do I leave and find another job? Do I take the plunge and enter a doctoral program (I keep coming back to this, again and again). If I go for my doctorate, will it really be worth the investment?

I am not sure which direction I'm going in. I can't imagine another 22 to 23 years of this, though.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good for people to know.