Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Ahh... First Day Back From Vacation!

There are some days at school when I look at the clock and wonder how I can make it move quickly through the next five and a half hours. (At that point, I've usually had to ask a kid to pick up their pencil five times and then have picked up the pencil myself, because I would probably do the Fred Flintstone-fall if I didn't.)

Today's happiness is that the day went very smoothly. It always does, though. The kids always come back pretty calm from their holiday vacation. Oddly enough, it is the fourth Thursday in May that makes me want to pull my hair out.

And to segue...

I took tons of homemade cookies, candy, etc. to Minnesota with us. I was really happy to share the sweets (I might as well tape them to my rear instead of eat them, because that's where they are going to go).

So I went back today to... more chocolate on my desk. More truffles, peanut butter cups, chocolate-dipped pretzels, and so on. Wow-- I'm going to pay for this! (Probably on a treadmill...)

No comments: