Saturday, April 28, 2007

OK, I'm officially old...

My DH and I have been discussing the new vehicle purchase for a while now. As I said in my last post, we've been discussing the MDX, Pilot, and Suburban. Phil test-drove the Pilot and Ridgeline, and his general impression was, "Meh."

We talked about buying my parent's Suburban and driving it out here. Then they traded it off for a Yukon Denali on Wednesday night. (Yes, my parents are blingin' in a Denali. It's a strange world, folks.)

So, DH and I went and made a major purchase today. So what was it?

A John Deere.

Yes, people, I own a John Deere. And it's actually pretty cool. We had looked online at 'our lawn and gardening needs,' and my assessment was that we needed more than the basic riding lawnmower. We have two acres, part of our property lies on a slope, and I want to be able to haul bags of mulch, topsoil, and compost around. DH wants to be able to till, aerate, dethatch, and push snow with it. So we went with an upgraded X540 from 2006. We would have paid roughly $2400 more by going with the '07 model. (And it's a tractor, not a car!) I was relieved that we finally had a riding mower, so DH would quit whining about the push mower.

Then I rode it. Wow. Powerful and quick. It used to take us about 3+ hours to mow our lawn. Now it will take an hour. My husband's honey-do list is going to get longer!

No comments: