Thursday, April 19, 2007

Catching up on a good thing...

I tend to join a bandwagon after it's begun.

Case in point: Harry Potter. The second book was out before I caught on. And I'm a teacher. (Yes, that is the ASL letter L I am holding up to my forehead.)

I also caught on to the Sopranos late. When the DH and I were first married and po' as po' can be, we went to the public library and checked out Sopranos videos for free. (What can I say? I was po' and white.)

Well, my most recent late jump on a bandwagon has been Weeds. It's been quite fun in a guilty sort of way. If you knew me in real life, you'd know that I am the sort of person that would NEVER do drugs. Ever, ever, ever.

In fact, the summer before I became a Momma, my girl friends and I went on our first annual girl trip. They decided to torture me and made believe that a bag of oregano was marijuana. Of course I did the total white girl scream. I'm such a sucker sometimes.

The show is fun as it shows the facade of suburbia. The only thing that isn't realistic is that people in this show actually know their neighbors.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm just the opposite. I get caught up in things right away (well many things) and then when it really catches on w/ the public; I lose interest. I'm some sort of pop culture psychic. Actually, the other half is the psychic. I just follow him cuz of peer pressure. :) BTW, sorry I've been so absent on your blog. What can I say? I'm a loser! It's klugula. I'm signing in as anonymous; cuz I don't have the motivation to log into my account and then comment. It's Friday, whaddya want?

Always Around Kids said...

Just noticed in my post that I said, "I was po' and white." Just wanted to clarify (for my single, solitary reader; thanks M.!)-- I am no longer poor, and I am still caucasian. :)