Monday, October 02, 2006

What a weekend!

My husband and I went to a lodge in a national park this past weekend for our anniversary. We were so excited-- we had the hiking clothes/boots, the baby and all necessary accessories. When Mark began screaming an hour from the lodge, we didn't realize it was a sign. That night, he woke up, miserable-- every. two. hours. We tried to push through it and went for an amazing hike on Saturday morning, only to have an exponentially more miserable baby on our hands. He screamed, we bounced, he screamed, we sang, he screamed, we soothed, and he screamed. Repeat. Not the way I expected to spend our well-planned anniversary weekend. I have to say that people were right-- having a baby changed our lives!

So, my husband stayed home today and Mark got a day of Daddy TLC. He's feeling much better now.

My only request is that you send out your prayers, chants, vibes, etc., out for my mom on Wednesday. That's booby check day at the Mayo Clinic's breast center. We're hoping to hear negative, negative, negative, after someone thoroughly checks the scary boobies.

No comments: