Saturday, December 09, 2006

Random Holiday Observations


My son does not like his hat and mittens-- but I think that they are really cute.

Making no-bake cookies for my Cookie Exchanges saves me a lot of time and keeps peace with my DH. (I'm making 17 dozen cookies-- I'm a masochist for choosing to join two different exchanges.)

There is no possible way that I can complete all of the tasks that I have laid out for myself. Especially because I'm flying solo next week-- DH is gone tomorrow through Friday night.

Shopping at off-hours keeps me from cussing out the humanity that surrounds me.

While I normally like to make my Christmas cards, I am crying 'uncle' this year. My holiday letter is also very short-- but heavy on baby pictures. (The pictures are what most people like to see, right?)

My classroom looks like a disaster area-- but it's not hurting anybody and I'm okay with that.

Life is interesting right now because my son is now able to escape the ExerSaucer, can climb up our stairs (thank you, DH, for teaching him said task-- can you hear my sarcasm?), and knows how to maneuver the baby-gate free obstacle courses that once worked. Walking is just around the corner, and I'm scared. Really scared.

My son doesn't fuss as I put ornaments and lights on the Christmas tree, but freaks out when I try to wrap presents.

No comments: