Wednesday, December 06, 2006

The First Haircut (i.e. Why My Son Has the Haircut I Wanted to Avoid)

I hate the standard baby boy haircut. Seriously. It looks like people put the bowl on their head and cut anything that hangs visible.

Then I took Mark to get his first haircut. It went reasonably well, at first. (I have video of the first 60 seconds or so. Then nothing.) The scissors part went okay, except that he wanted to watch the scissors. So the hair stylist brought out the electric clippers.

I thought it would go well when the stylist let Mark put his hand on the clippers to let him feel the buzzing sensation. Then she started cutting, and my son freaked out. We had screaming, thrashing, tears, louder screaming, and more thrashing. I had to attempt to pin him down by holding him close to my body and holding his head down in my hand. (Yes, I was nearly crying by the end.)

So my son has the bowl haircut. And I don't like it. But I accept it.

No comments: