Thursday, December 11, 2008

Double Standards

I have a dirty little secret. I can cuss like a sailor.

Oh, I definitely try to keep my language clean. It's hard for me, though. At school, I most certainly keep the language under wraps, unless I'm with some of my very close friends. Put me in my car though, and I can let it rip.

I also try to keep it clean around my toddler. I thought I was doing pretty well until Mark dropped a toy one day and said sh-(poopy word).

Why is it necessary to make this confession? Oh, sexism.

Really, I mean that-- sexism.

The last time I heard sexism seriously discussed was when Rudy Guliani went on the Today show and harped about the sexism being heaped upon Sarah Palin. (Before she had gone out to do any interviews, mind you.)

However, sexism has reared its ugly head today.

Hillary? Nope. Palin? Ha-- she wishes. Pelosi? Umm, no.

It centers around Patricia "Patti" Blagojevich. A couple of days ago, I wouldn't have known who she was. Last night, I was throwing my own personal blue streak at the television as I heard what her putz Illinois governor husband had done. (His stupidity both astounds and disgusts me. Ms. Illinois Attorney General, could you please declare him unfit for office already?)

But so what if she has a potty mouth? Did anyone blink an eye when her husband was quoted as using a variety of expletives in his conversations?

Sarah Palin, you don't know sexism. Unfortunately, Patti Blagojevich now does.

3 comments:

mebtha said...

Argh. I missed this one - could you shoot me a link. Thanks b#$ch :)

Always Around Kids said...

Here you go...

http://www.suntimes.com/news/metro/blagojevich/1322895,CST-NWS-patti10.article

:)

Always Around Kids said...
This comment has been removed by the author.