Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Everything's Growing

Here's the Cheeto-smeared face of my favorite boy in the world. In his hands is a tasty bit from the garden-- Carouby de Maussane, of course!

Seriously, though-- it's a snow pea. And of course there's a story behind it!!

I took the advice of DH's mom and aunt and ordered seed this year rather than buying mine at Target. Now, I'm talking Grandmas with more gardening experience than years I've been alive-- each. However, the company they recommended sent me awful seed. As in half of the seeds germinated and grew (I'm used to about an 80%-success rate). Thank goodness I was still tempted by the Target seed. This was a Sean Conway heirloom snow pea that called my name. I answered.

Carouby de Maussane did not disappoint. These are the lovliest peas I've ever eaten. I started popping these in my mouth as I was picking. Yum, yum, yummy.

I was planning on sharing my garden veggies. Now I'm feeling a bit selfish.

P.S. The boy is getting huge. He talks (saying 'they koo' for thank you), crawls on top of the furniture (even training his peer, the little punk), and runs everywhere he wants to go. It's weird-- I'm either totally enthralled with him or repulsed by his punkiness. Summer's going to be fun, though.

No comments: