Thursday, January 11, 2007

Laughter and a Sweet Tea Shower

I miss my friends. As in really miss my friends. I met them through my workplace and they are awesome people to work with, but nothing beats when we just hang out together.

We always seem to kick up the excitement a notch when we're together. If you see three women sitting together, howling with laughter (the beer-squirts-out-your-nose kind of laughter) then that is probably us.

We've had some interesting experiences-- almost melting into a puddle in a pretzel factory in July, having to restrain one of us from sticking their head in a chocolate fountain (not me! It was L.!), dining at La Fleur (to be pronounced with an extremely exaggerated French accent), trying to convince one of us that a bag of oregano was really Mary Jane, and too many other things to list.

Tonight it was the three of us and the baby. We went to a fun little Mexican restaurant to exchange Christmas gifts. We ate (yum), we opened (I almost cried at the thoughtfulness), and we laughed.

Then my son was passed to Nanny. He decided it would be fun to grab the straw in my freshly filled extra large sweet tea. Nanny got a shower of sweet tea. It was incredibly funny (in retrospect-- I'm still trying to get over my embarrassment regarding normal baby things that really are funny but socially unacceptable).

I had a great time. But I miss them already. I wish we had nights like this more often.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

K -
Tell me when and we'll make it happen! Thanks for saving my bacon this evening... give your DH a hug for me. Not everyone would be as receptive at 10:OO pm. You are the best! I love ya bunches!
Nanny