Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy New Year

Hello again, and Happy New Year!!!

We're back from our holiday travels. We had a good time, and I will blog about it in future posts.

It is New Year's Day, and it is time for resolutions.

1) I am going to forgive myself for grieving my pre-baby life. It's okay to miss the freedom that I had before. I'm going to cut myself slack for being angry and sad that being a parent entails more responsibility than I had anticipated.

2) I am going to allow myself to feel beautiful. The aforementioned responsibilities will always be there. I feel more confident and happy when I am taking care of myself. I plan to stop going to work with dripping hair and no makeup.

3) I am going to work on making the house into the place we want to live. I learned a big lesson when my parents sold my childhood home. As my folks prepared their house for sale, they made it look great. They were sad that they had never enjoyed the improvements that they made. I plan on working with my DH to make this place into the oasis we want it to be.

4) I plan to carve out time for my friends. While my friends have been understanding of my mommy-transition, I want to spend time more time with them this year.

5) I plan to tackle the clutter that takes over my home and my classroom. I need to plan for clutter control and take charge of my piles of stuff.

6) I want to blog more. I think about blogging more than I actually do. I'm going to hit the keyboard this year!

Well, I think I've laid out enough resolutions to tackle this year. Happy New Year, and I wish the best to you in 2007!

No comments: