Monday, September 18, 2006

Religion and peace

I'm Catholic and I'm American. The leader of my religion, in a speech, pulled quotes from an obscure 13th century philosopher that were anti-Muslim. Now I'm seeing massive protests in the Muslim world. I'm not thrilled with the pope-- he's way too conservative. He's also a 'my-way-or-the-highway' pope in Prada shoes. (Yes, he loves designer shoes. He can't denounce and root out pedophiles, but he can wear Prada.) I think that the Muslim world is going over the top in their persuit of the pope. Don't call him Satan-- just ignore him!

I wish that the Dalai Lama or someone of that caliber would begin a dialogue of the religions. Seriously. Isn't it time to talk about peace rather than focusing on this religion is violent, that religion is violent, yadda yadda? I'm seriously thinking about becoming one of those moms that marches for peace in D.C. We're totally messed up-- our troops should be in Darfur making sure that the refugee mothers don't get raped every time they go to gather wood with which they prepare meals for their families. I just don't get it. Can we please get rid of the Republican administration already?

1 comment:

klugula said...

I think this administration is doing a bang-up job. I wish we could go for another term or two in '08. *gack* That really hurt!