Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Milestone

Mark reached the milestone of being able to pull himself up to standing-- which means that babyproofing must commence in earnest. Unfortunately, being married to an engineer means that looking at the nice baby gates in a catalog does not work-- we must see the gate, feel the gate, and try to use the gate several times before looking at the next gate. (I work from the looks good, works good, and I'll buy it philosophy. That's not how the engineer rolls.) Go to Wal-Mart, you say? Not only no, but hell no! I refuse to shop at Wal-Mart because I think that they are bad for America in many ways. So, I'm caught in a baby gate-less loop. We'll see how this goes!

2 comments:

mktonshores said...

Oh my....I think a little one's aunt has some work to do before he gets here!!!! :) Congrats little one!

klugula said...

So strange you mentioning this. I also reached that milestone just the other day. Weird, huh? :)