Monday, March 30, 2009

Facebook Conundrum...

My brother-in-law and sister-in-law make me crazy. He means well, but ends up being one of those trying-to-hard-to-impress-for-approval types. She's just... weird.

I'm a public school teacher, and they homeschool. It's cool with me-- but they get very defensive and threatened whenever I expertise in the educational arena. (Their third/fourth grade child didn't know his address when I asked. They didn't respond well.)

I could go on about the religious conservatism, the lack of bra-wearing, the sending of an email that contains with--oh surprise-- a picture of an aborted fetus. But I won't go there.

I recieved emails last night, showing that they had put in friend requests for my facebook page. They are among the last people that I'd want on my facebook page. Truly.

Right away, DH said ignore and do not friend them. I feel the same, but there's some guilt there, too. Oh well, I guess I'll be the beotch at the next holiday gathering.

2 comments:

~e said...

Everything about this post makes me go, HUH? Aborted fetus? You're on facebook? 4th graders don't know their address? I can only assume the no-bra-wearing is your SIL. Not BIL.

You absolutely never cease to amaze me!

And I'm very sorry to hear about the disappointment with the digital saga. It sucks when you fall in love with an item, only to find out it belongs in the trash.
Boo.

klugula said...

To hell w/ em all! :)