Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Now my neighbors know I can cuss like a sailor...

It's been a busy time for me this week. Mark started back at his daycare center on Monday. Yes, I skipped out of the center, thinking, "WOOHOO!" in my head. Lovely, lovely daycare. I really do not feel guilty, either. He loves it there. The employees at the center stop me and tell me how much they missed him over the summer. My son loves them. All good.

It's been a busy week at work. I'm not sure when I'll have my classroom prepared. I've been making progress, but that wouldn't necessarily be obvious if you walked into the room. Comments have been made, but it technically doesn't have to be ready until next week. I'm really trying to avoid the stuff-it-in-a-box-and-forget-about-it thing. I want to go through this stuff and actually clean. Which means that my garbage cans are getting filled up each day, but that's not so bad either.

Today was a heckuva day, though. Up to school, worked on my room, out to lunch with new teachers, back to school to show new teachers around, back into my room to clean, and then back to pick up Mark. Came home, and that's where it all fell apart. When I decided to water my garden, there was a 3-foot black snake that crawled right out at me. I don't do snakes. And this explains the title, folks. I let every word I know fly, as I screamed at the top of my lungs and jumped up on the edge of my garden bed. I then spun around to tell (uh, yell at) Mark to stay on our deck. And just then my friend arrived and her two- and three-year-old sons began to run towards me. It was fine, but I literally had to smooth the hairs on my arms so they laid flat again.

Then, I fed my son fresh mozzerella (warm dairy) in the kitchen as he went back for orange juice chasers in the living room. Which resulted in vomited sludge on our living room rug. Bless my friend for cleaning up toddler urp while I cleaned him up in the bathroom.

All of this was followed by a wasp in our upstairs hallway. As my half-naked son refused to stay in his room. The wasp (or is it a hornet if it has an all-black body? I'm never sure...) was sucked up by the vacuum. Which is now sitting on the porch, to the chagrin of my DH. I say he can come down from travel, take apart the vacuum to see if the wasp is dead, and then bring it inside if having a vacuum on the porch is such an emergency.

Time for wine and making of math games. Yay!

No comments: