Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Wedding planning...

My sister is getting married. Not immediately, but she got engaged over the summer and she's going to get married. (I wonder what catchy blog name I could use for her 'intended.' Maine Native? FBIL for Future Brother-In-Law? FCW for Former Co-Worker? I must think about this on my next commute...)

However, my parents are being buttheads. Yes, that was me, calling out my parents without their knowlege in the blogosphere. (They live in Wyoming, don't have a working computer, let alone internet. But this is awfully cheap therapy, you've got to admit.)

The family found out about my sister's engagement shortly before we arrived in Maine this summer. My dad not-so-jokingly discussed my sister getting married while we were there. Then that passed and I assumed his nudginess had passed.

Oh, no. Turns out they've nudged my sister about every little date twist and turn that has come up. Repeatedly. Unashamedly.

The more I think about this, the more upset I get. My issue is: THEY ARE NOT PAYING FOR THE WEDDING. I think the issue can be boiled down to that. So here's a new rule.

Rule: You are not allowed to b*tch about events of major cost for which you are not financially responsible.

Why can't people just be happy, and communicate that? And be supportive?

I don't get it.

And why can't toddlers go to bed without the frolic-ing in the dark?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

In case you haven't noticed, everyone (okay, 99.9% of the world population) is selfish. That's family, co-workers, and the general public. Everyone. Is this a pessimistic view? Yes, but the more I see human behavior first hand and the more I watch the news on television, the more I realize no one gives a shit about anyone else, unless it serves their own interests in some way. We're all doomed. How does that brighten your day?

from klugula