Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Long Time, No Posts

Hi there.

I'm amazed at how long it's been since I posted. I've been running in twenty different directions, and I've neglected my blog. Obviously.

So here I am.

Mark's birthday went well. Large turnout on the day. He fell asleep as DH and I were setting up and we had to wake him up to take bites of cake. He could barely keep his eyes open. Then he promptly went down for a two hour nap. So it was a good day.

Report card time came and went. It's always a gigantic flurry of correcting papers and updating everything. My desk is constantly covered with skyscrapers of papers. However, I'm okay with that because it's everything that I need to place in the correct places. It's when I shove those skyscrapers in the closets that I really run into trouble.

DH's mom and aunt came out for a visit. DH's mom and I have difficulty talking because, as I always say, she only understands the county in Minnesota in which she lives. If she can't relate what you're talking about to something in that sparsely populated county, then it isn't real to her. So having a conversation with her is very difficult for me, and I know that I quickly shift into snark mode. I was enduring it, when I found out that they were staying an extra day. I made it, though.

We've had weather stuff going on, too. Yesterday and today, it was... ice. I have to tell you that I'll take a four foot snowstorm (I'm not joking-- I grew up in a town with two different ski areas) before I'll take ice. Uff da.

So, life goes on out here on the East Coast.

No comments: