Saturday, May 30, 2009

Berries

Today, we went to a strawberry patch.  Since my friend enjoys strawberry jam and syrup, I convinced her to make some at her house.  

The plan was originally to go to the roadside stand (or roadside back-of-pickup, but I think 'stand' sounds a bit more elegant).  Chance intervened, and that didn't work out for us.  

Today, we went to our local pick-your-own strawberry patch.  There were two moms, a four-year-old, two three-year-olds, and a one-year-old.  And five buckets.  It went relatively well, considering.  My boy now knows to not stick his finger in a bunny's mouth.  (He was bit hard enough to learn the lesson, but there was not a mark to be seen.)
  
I went to my friend's house and made syrup and jam while my three-year-old caused general mayhem. 

It was a good day.

(Thanks, E., for the pictures!)

1 comment:

~e said...

Give me some time to work on it, and I can "'shop" that kid to the right out of the picture.
Mayhem is fun!