Tuesday, January 27, 2009

I do things the hard way

My friends tease me. I can and freeze my own made-from-scratch food. My husband loves it-- peach barbecue sauce for on top of pork chops, tomato salsa, strawberry jam, apple butter, chicken noodle soup-- he enjoys it all. The toddler is not so excited-- Mark would much rather eat radioactive orange mac and cheese from a blue box. Sometimes when I come home, I'm tired and wonder if the effort is worth it.

Then I remember. Tonight, there is a blog post about mercury in high fructose corn syrup. And a peanut processor didn't like the positive samonella test results they got, so they lab-shopped until they got the result they wanted.

I don't care if I get teased. I want my son to grow up healthy.

2 comments:

~e said...

Consider this... Your friends may tease you because they are jealous; wish they could get themselves together enough to do all that you do. They say imitation is the bigget form of flattery, but I contend that to a sarcastic smart-ass, it's really teasing!

Always Around Kids said...

You're being unbelievably kind. (Read that in the serious tone, not the snarky tone.) Thank you for making my day!

By the way, one of my goals is to do group canning sessions. Strawberry season is just around the corner! :)